Webinar: COVID-19 – opportunities and impact for Landed Estates
The Landed Estates sector is used to adapting to major change. After addressing in recent years the fallout from Brexit and the threat of climate change it now faces the significant challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Taking place at 10am on Friday 15 May 2020, this WebEx webinar will look at the impact of COVID-19 on Landed Estates and discuss some of the steps they can take to protect themselves. In particular we will consider the effect on:
- Agriculture, Leisure & Hospitality – Food security, café, visitor experiences, holiday lets – how do they recover, how do you support tenants, what is a going concern, dealing with lenders
- Replacing lost income – portfolio management, BPS, raising capital through sales or loans, vacant properties, failing tenant businesses, what happens next year
- The new fiscal normal – re-setting of tax policy, abolition/limiting of reliefs, higher rates of tax,
- What did you do during COVID-19 and what changes do you think are needed to build resilience into the sector?
This will be followed by an interactive Q&A session. There will be an option to submit your questions ahead of the event during the registration process.
Our speakers will include:
- Alexander Dickinson, Partner at Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP
- Tom Warde-Aldam, Consultant Partner at Galbraith
- Peter Harker, Partner at Saffery Champness