Webinar: COVID-19 – opportunities and impact for Landed Estates
On Friday 15 May 2020, we hosted a webinar on the opportunities and impact for Landed Estates due to COVID-19.
The webinar looked at the impact of COVID-19 on Landed Estates and discussed some of the steps they can take to protect themselves. We considered the effect on:
- Agriculture, Leisure & Hospitality – food security, café, visitor experiences, holiday lets – how do they recover, how do you support tenants, what is a going concern, dealing with lenders
- Replacing lost income – portfolio management, BPS, raising capital through sales or loans, vacant properties, failing tenant businesses, what happens next year
- The new fiscal normal – re-setting of tax policy, abolition/limiting of reliefs, higher rates of tax,
- What did you do during COVID-19 and what changes do you think are needed to build resilience into the sector?
- Alexander Dickinson, Partner at Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP
- Tom Warde-Aldam, Consultant Partner at Galbraith
- Peter Harker, Partner at Saffery Champness
View the full webinar below: